Healthy-decadent-fudgy-chocolate muffins made with sweet potato, avocado, and cauliflower! Flourless, nut free, paleo, and gluten free muffins made with veggies. The best way to get your kids to eat their veggies is these double chocolate muffins!
Did someone just said cauliflower, avocado, sweet potato, chocolate muffins?
I’m not even dreaming, this is reality.
And it’s perfect.
You wouldn’t know that hidden under all those fudgy delicious chocolatey layers is more veggies then the salad you ate for lunch.
I’m not saying you should make this your diet or anything, but I’m pretty sure these will be the healthiest muffins you’ll ever eat in your life.
And maybe just the tastiest as well.
After spending the week sleeping under the stars, pooping in the woods, and eating kale pesto leftovers from a mason jar, I’m pretty happy to be back in my kitchen making all the veggie muffins.
But I do you miss sleeping outside and not having to think about work or anything besides,
“Oh, look at that mountain! It’s probably the most beautiful mountain I have ever seen in my life! Oh wait, there’s another! And Another!”.
…End of train of thought for the day.
We casually snooped on some chill mountain goats, forgot to book a camping site and were left homeless for a night, had some pretty great barbecue with dear friends, and boot skiied under the sun in the snowy mountains.
It was a pretty great vacation.
Sweet potato muffins and I.F.
I’ve started this whole intermittent fasting thing.
Not on purpose or because it’s trendy.
It just sort of happened.
One thing I will say: it has change my life completely and forever.
I started skipping breakfast and eating my first meal at 2 PM, solely because I was on the road and traveling.
I’m a regular with stomach pain, nausea, and IBS.
Not proud of it, it’s just the way it is.
I’m trying to embrace the reality of being uncomfortable 24/7, but this intermittent fasting might just be the cure!
I have had so much more energy and brain clarity since switching up the way I’m eating, that it makes eating these flourless chocolate muffins for dessert even more fun!
A few things I’m loving about intermittent fasting:
- Less foggy brain.
- More energy.
- Less bloating.
- Like close to zero cravings, which is unheard of for me!
- Also, no snacking. Not because I am trying not to, I’m just not hungry all the time. Also weird for me.
- More calm.
- More relaxed.
- Extra time to do other life-things, like getting more things done on my to do list and enjoying life around me so much more!
- The colors seem brighter.
- Sounds are more beautiful.
- I’m more aware and in tune with my body and mind.
- Life is just more beautiful all around.
- Less stress- that’s a keeper!
How long will it last?
I’m not saying this is going to be a forever trend or anything.
But right now the 2 PM and 8 PM eating cycle is working pretty well for me.
So, lunch/dinner usually looks like another big salad with some sort of protein, five to six more colorful veggies, and a side of chocolate.
Lately, it’s been these life-changing chocolate veggie muffins!
A few things you should know about these muffins:
- They are ultra fudgy-moist.
- Decadent as a freakin kween!!
- Tastes like cake made from a salad.
- You won’t want to eat just one. Dangerous.
- They are breakfast, lunch, and dinner worthy. A guilt-free treat to enjoy any time of day.
- So easy to make!! I make them in my blender in just minutes.
- Chocolate. Chocolate. And more chocolate! You can’t go wrong.